On the Bright Side
My recent post, “Farting Rainbows” seemed to resonate with a lot of people. Many referrals. I am thankful for that. For one, it makes me feel a lot less alone. And two, that God would use my story to help others deal and heal. That is humbling. God doesn’t NEED me, but I am thankful He CHOOSES me. May I never take credit for the things He’s doing.
I stole the idea for today’s post. But it is so fitting for where I am right now. In midst of the dark and icky and confusing, I must remember the good. I must remember the things that bring joy to my life… instead of only wallowing in the things that are hard.
So, here’s small list of things that bring joy to my life.
* Leaves changing color.
* My nephews’ imaginations and laughter.
* God-breathed, divine appointments with people who get it.
* Real, honest to goodness mail. Remember stamps?
* Fall programming. My favorite shows are back!
* Redbox. $1 movies. Honestly, how great is that?
* Praying for my friends, my friends praying for me.
* Seeing God restore marriages: here… here… and here.
* My friend giving a voice to the voiceless.
* A restful night’s sleep.
* My mom.
what are some things that bring you joy?
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Psalm 5:11