Sessions are scheduled in advance and are a time reserved exclusively for my clients. When a session is cancelled or rescheduled without adequate notice, I am unable to fill this time slot by offering it to another current client, a client on the wait list, or a client with an emergency. To protect my time, and for both your care and the respect of my other clients, a new cancellation has been put in place for all coaching and counseling sessions going forward:
Effective March 10, 2020
Unless extraordinary circumstances apply, a 50% cancellation fee (based on your total session fee) will be applied and auto-deducted when a session is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance. A 100% cancellation fee will be applied and auto-deducted when a session is cancelled less than 3 hours prior to session time the same day. Exceptions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- 50% Fee Example: If your session is scheduled for March 28 at 4:00pm central time, you must reschedule or cancel your appointment no later than March 27 at 4:00pm central time to avoid being charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- 100% Fee Example: If your session is scheduled for March 28 at 4:00pm central time, you must reschedule or cancel your appointment by March 28 at 1:00pm central time to avoid being charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- Other situations: If a session is cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance more than 3 times, a 100% cancellation fee will be applied to any future cancellations or reschedules made less than 24 hours in advance for that specific client.
- If a session is cancelled or rescheduled with greater than 24 hours notice, no cancellation will be applied.
- If a session is cancelled or rescheduled at the request of Crystal or Living on Purpose LLC, no cancellation fee will be applied.
Please understand that your sessions should be viewed as any other important appointment you make for yourself. Coaching or counseling is an investment in yourself. The decision to cancel for any reason other than serious illness or emergency should be heavily weighed against the benefit you would miss out on from keeping your appointment.
A cancellation policy is standard practice with most counseling agencies and private practices. It is my desire to adhere to standard practices for your benefit as well as my own. It is also my desire to keep my rates affordable and to work with any client who is in need.
Thank you for your understanding of this matter.
Crystal Renaud Day, MAPC