Happy New Year, LifeGroupers…
Something came up this evening that will unfortunately prevent me from being able to facilitate LifeGroup Online tonight. Without thinking, I left my Macbook Pro at work… so I have no camera! But to not make your visit here a complete waste – I do want to give you the opportunity to post your prayer needs and discuss with one another the following little lesson (using the comment section).
I will be posting and discussing as well using my trusty old PC at home so “stay in” with me and give this a shot tonight. My hope is that this will provoke some thought and help steer the direction of LifeGroup Online in this new year.
We will be back on for reals LIVE next week — Wednesday, January 7 at 8:30pm (CST).
AND FEEL FREE TO CHAT IN THE BOX PROVIDED
Once, when the people of God had become careless in their relationship with Him, the Lord rebuked them through the prophet Haggai. “Consider your ways!” He declared, urging them to reflect on some of the things happening to them, and to evaluate their slipshod spirituality in light of what God had told them. (Haggai 1:5)
Even those most faithful to God occasionally need to pause and think about the direction of their lives. It’s so easy to bump along from one busy week to another without ever stopping to ponder where we’re going and where we should be going.
The beginning of a new year is an ideal time to stop, look up, and get our bearings. To that end, here are some questions to ask prayerfully in the presence of God. Answer one or answer all. I’d love to see your hearts. If you’d be more comfortable… feel free to email me instead at crystal.renaud [at] gmail.com.
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
As always… if you haven’t — add this to your blogs & sidebars to promote the heck out of this online community.