Sorry again for the lack of posting over the last week or so. I have been busy at work and generously blessed with freelance – which has left me tired… and lacking motivation to write, but here I am. I coming down with a cold now, but hopefully I caught it early enough to not ruin my week. let the river run… my ode to ‘working girl’ – not my nose. how fabulous were the 80s… can I just say that?
Now for some random updates:
1) Anne and Chris Jackson are in Scotland on mission. Eating stomachs filled with God knows what… but more importantly, helping the leaders of Mosaic Edinburgh with media, etc. Please be in prayer for them and the vision & leaders of Mosaic Edinburgh. Read more.
2) I auditioned for the worship vocal team last week and I made it!!!! I am so excited about it, too! Some of you know that I used to sing both on student worship team and performed competitively in high school ensemble/solo back in the day, but life got busy and new ministry opportunities came forth. I stopped singing actively after I graduated.
Well, I feel lead to enter back into the worship arena again. There is still some nervousness I feel over the condition of my voice and my ability. I know regaining my courage and vocal strength will come in time but help me in prayer that the focus would remain on worship. I know that if my focus is on worshipping God in this… He will lead my voice too. He wouldn’t be bringing back here if I wasn’t ready, right?
3) I am still raising money for my walk this coming Friday, September 15th. Remember, I am participating in the Light The Night Walk for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in honor of Brandon Eastland, my dear friend who lost the battle last January.
To donate or learn more about it, visit my personal donation site for the fundraiser: http://www.active.com/donate/ltnShawne/1891_pinkhairedgirl
4) For those in town, the Westside College Ministry kicks off this Tuesday night at 7:00pm in the Westside Family Church Student Center (Lenexa Campus).
Join us! We are all really excited to see what God does through this new ministry, designed just for college-age students.
5) So, what’s new? I feel like I haven’t talk to anyone in years…
6) Last but not least, remember those who lost their lives and who fought to save lives 5 years ago on September 11th, 2001. I can’t believe it has been 5 years. There are times when I think back to that time (I was a junior in High School) and it doesn’t seem real. I wish I was young enough to not remember the affects of that day, but the images and feelings are burned inside me. So, let’s not forget. Pray for our leaders. Pray for our safety.