you know you’re too busy when…
there isn’t time to decently blog.
just to fill you in:
1. I am super busy. A lot of events and activities coming up which means, busy times for the 2 of us that make up the Communications Department. So busy, in fact, that for the first time in 8 years, I am not with the 300+ students and leaders at camp this week. Kinda sad, really. It is great to see ministries planning and Westside moving right along, but man! Here’s a snapshot our ever-growing “to do” board.
2. Westside is in a season of change. One that I am pretty excited about — but at the same time — a bit anxious for. Dan Southerland, a long-time guest pastor and adjunct staff member is on the table as our next full-time Lead Teaching Pastor. As most of you know, we’ve been influx since April 2007 when our Senior Pastor had to resign. This is a big deal for our staff, church body and well, Dan! There’s a church vote on July 27. On top of this staff change, there are a lot of other staff changes that need prayer covering — people leaving, shifting jobs or new hires.
3. Some of our pastors have caught wind of my blog and have ask me to join a team of volunteers to write weekly devotionals. These will be written in relation to whatever message series we’re in and distributed to about 3,000 readers. Pretty cool.
4. I head to Chicago in just under 3 weeks for the “Gifted to Lead” Women’s Conference at Willow Creek. This is kind of a big deal for me. I haven’t actually traveled to a conference in over 3 years. I’m ready for some “intentional development.”
5. And just a few weeks after that, I head to South Africa. Wow! I AM SO EXCITED. I am still close to $900 short of the total ($2824) needed for the trip. But I trust that will come together. I am overseeing some of the team’s HIV/AIDS trainings as well as planning the African classroom sessions. I am so humbled to be used in this way. (more info/donate)
I appreciate your prayers through all of the afore mentioned craziness!! All the busy is making me feel a bit disconnected because the introvert in me is screaming for isolation when I have any down time. I promise to do my best in keeping my blog interesting in midst of it all.