you know you’re too busy when…
there isn’t time to decently blog.
just to fill you in:
1. I am super busy. A lot of events and activities coming up which means, busy times for the 2 of us that make up the Communications Department. So busy, in fact, that for the first time in 8 years, I am not with the 300+ students and leaders at camp this week. Kinda sad, really. It is great to see ministries planning and Westside moving right along, but man! Here’s a snapshot our ever-growing “to do” board.
2. Westside is in a season of change. One that I am pretty excited about — but at the same time — a bit anxious for. Dan Southerland, a long-time guest pastor and adjunct staff member is on the table as our next full-time Lead Teaching Pastor. As most of you know, we’ve been influx since April 2007 when our Senior Pastor had to resign. This is a big deal for our staff, church body and well, Dan! There’s a church vote on July 27. On top of this staff change, there are a lot of other staff changes that need prayer covering — people leaving, shifting jobs or new hires.
3. Some of our pastors have caught wind of my blog and have ask me to join a team of volunteers to write weekly devotionals. These will be written in relation to whatever message series we’re in and distributed to about 3,000 readers. Pretty cool.
4. I head to Chicago in just under 3 weeks for the “Gifted to Lead” Women’s Conference at Willow Creek. This is kind of a big deal for me. I haven’t actually traveled to a conference in over 3 years. I’m ready for some “intentional development.”
5. And just a few weeks after that, I head to South Africa. Wow! I AM SO EXCITED. I am still close to $900 short of the total ($2824) needed for the trip. But I trust that will come together. I am overseeing some of the team’s HIV/AIDS trainings as well as planning the African classroom sessions. I am so humbled to be used in this way. (more info/donate)
I appreciate your prayers through all of the afore mentioned craziness!! All the busy is making me feel a bit disconnected because the introvert in me is screaming for isolation when I have any down time. I promise to do my best in keeping my blog interesting in midst of it all.
work and pool side reading. that sums up my life in the summer. not too bad of a deal actually.
Lately I’ve been in constant refinement mode. Refining who I am in accordance with who I’m suppose to be. The funny thing is finding who I am suppose to be is an on going process, which makes refining myself an even longer process. :-/
Other than that I’ve been working, and developing side projects to keep my spirits high since I absolutely detest my job. 🙂
School, school, school, eat, sleep, school, school, eat, sleep, repeat repeatedly!
Crystal, I’m headed to “Gifted to Lead” as well. I would love to meet you in person when we’re there!