Getting My Bearings
When I posted these questions last week for my LifeGroup Online peeps — a few of you asked for my answers and here they are.
But I do have one question for you ALL (an all skate, if you will). I like to ask this from time to time… and its been a while and I feel the new year is a good time to ask again. Please indulge me by answering honestly. This truly does help me to understand the audience and community in which I am writing to.
Why do you read Pink Haired Girl?
I welcome your feedback, questions, comments and your own answers for the following…
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
Taking time to breathe and experience His creations. Stop and smell the roses, so to speak.
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
I want to see Him save my parent’s marriage.
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
Being intentional about the time I spend with them and what we choose to do with that time. So far in 2009 we had our first-ever family game night that involved my brothers, nephews, parents and sister-in-law. It was really a lot of fun. Surprised me. Also want to work on the relationship I have with my dad.
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
Really, truly diving into God’s Word. I am beginning to lead a LifeGroup at my church this month. I look forward to the prep for each week and what God is going to show me through His Word in doing so. I am also going to begin writing my own Bible-based curriculum for helping women overcome sexual addictions. This will require a lot of study and research.
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
Working and checking/answering work email when I am not at work. Even though I love my job, I need to get a life outside of it too.
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
I feel God is calling me to lead a new LifeGroup at church which is definitely a new way for me to be serving there. I pray women are strengthened in their walks with Him and from there find their place for serving in the church as well. And continue to do my job with excellence and by never stopping taking on challenges and learning (I work at my church).
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
By being intentional in all of the relationships God’s placed in my life already. And allowing my heart to be exposed while investing in new friendships as well.
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
Talk less, listen more.
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?